Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Retreat is Here

The Nebraska Rug Hooking Retreat at the Lied Center in Nebraska City starts tomorrow and I am busily packing up the store and loading it in a big truck to haul all of the wool and patterns to the retreat.  I put the dye pots away about 3 minutes ago, after wrapping up a few last minute dye jobs and now I am off to the store.  Carl and I will load the last cases of wool after the store closes today, in case some shoppers stop by.

The teachers arrive at 1pm and I can't wait to see Pris Buttler and meet Donna Hrkman.  I am going to work with Pris on one of her KLIMT patterns and I promised to go with whatever bright bold colors she suggests.  Can't wait!  Our third retreat teacher, Jan Goos will meet us in Nebraska City tomorrow, for the retreat start time at 4pm.  There are 50 ladies joining us for 4 days of rug hooking, learning and fun.

I will start open sign-ups for next year's retreat on Thursday November 14th.  Our 3 teachers from this year will be joining us again, and a 4th will be announced at the retreat.  So, if you have ever dreamed of working with Pris Buttler, Donna Hrkman, Jan Goos……or that surprise teacher, contact me on Thursday for availability.

And, because retreat season at the Lied is the ultimate autumn experience, coinciding with deer season…..I chose this beautiful deer rug to grace my blog today. The background is ECLIPSE, which can be that greeny tan color or a clearer tan.  It made a perfect fall background for the PECOS SAND and TOASTED ALMOND deer, who is jumping over a BLACK CHESTNUT log.

More from the retreat……
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.